New content coming soon
Things rushing past?
Need to settle working relationships?
Join a 2-hour workshop in the basic skills of professional human connection
For people who are ready to take their workplace relational skills to a new level.
An offering from Theodore Taptiklis and colleagues of Human Methods Lab, part of Enspiral Foundation.
About this offering
- We’ve been working for twenty years in the art and science of storytelling
- We’ve learned that when people share stories of things that matter to them, they become alive to one another
- From this work we’ve distilled a capability of greater aliveness — a practice of noticing
- When we tune ourselves to one another we relate more productively
- We discover our noticing muscles and those of others
- So at last we can make practical use of our differences in our work together
Loomio is a software platform that helps groups to deliberate and to make decisions together. We interviewed people from 20 groups – with handfuls to hundreds of members – that are long-term Loomio users (one to three years). We found that Loomio has altered and improved the conduct of these groups in many different ways:
Immersed as we are in our own life experiences, it is hard for us to recognise the larger-scale movements in human history — the ‘socio-tectonic’ forces — that are pushing on us and slipping and sliding us into new relational landscapes. Partly this is because our individual existences are so brief compared with historical human epochs. Half a century ago, the French historian Fernand Braudel sought to delineate these long, slow forces to show that they are beyond the consciousness of the actors involved. (Continue reading…)
It’s pretty clear what kind of world we need to have to thrive together.
Much more confusing is how we make that world.
Our ways of working together are still clumsy and divisive.
We need better methods.
The work of the Human Methods Lab is to build these methods.
It weaves three workstreams together:
- the promise of the internet
- the art of human encounter
- the power of stories of experience
You’re invited to join.
Please read the prospectus.